Why Anclote Insurance?
Buying insurance through an agent is like having your own personal assistant to help you buy insurance. There are two types of insurance agents: captive agents and independent agents. A captive agent is an agent that only sells for one insurance company while an independent insurance agent usually works for an agency that sells insurance products for more than one company. Buying insurance through an agent is a great way to get assistance finding a policy rather than doing it by yourself. While independent agents sell for many companies, it’s important to know that you won’t be able to get an insurance quote for any and all companies if you choose to use an agent. Probably the most important con to buying insurance direct is that you may end up with either too much or too little coverage. When buying it directly on your own, you’re required to evaluate your needs for yourself, rather than having an experienced agent doing that for you. For instance, you may not properly assess whether you need flood insurance. There could also be some insurance coverage terms that you don’t understand. This could leave you with paying for too much insurance coverage or for not having enough coverage.
Pros to buying insurance through an agent
An insurance agent can help you through the whole insurance buying process and beyond. Some of the pros of buying insurance through an agent are:
- An insurance agent can help you buy an insurance policy and make sure you’re purchasing the right amount of coverage for your needs.
- An agent can help you understand the different insurance terms and coverages.
- Independent agents can help you compare prices from multiple insurance companies to help you find the best deal.
- Agents are typically local to your area and experienced in the needs of your area.
- An agent can help you at any time throughout your policy if you have any issues, changes or need to file a claim.
- Independent agents work for multiple companies and captive agents only work for one company. You could miss out on opportunities from companies your agent doesn’t sell for.
- While agents only represent select companies, some companies only sell through agents, so if you want a policy from one of those companies, buying through an agent will be your only option.
- An agent evaluates your insurance needs and can help you find a company that’s best for you. Plus, if you don’t have an agent, you don’t have a person you can direct all your insurance questions to or someone specific that can help you with any policy changes.
It’s not necessarily cheaper to buy insurance directly from the company online or through an agent.
An agent can help you get insurance quotes and shop around for the best price for you. Insurance agents are experienced in the insurance industry and can often find you a good deal. They can also look into discounts and find all the discounts you qualify for.